lunes, 22 de febrero de 2010

Carnaval in Cadiz!


Carnaval in Cadiz. I don't think there is any one word to describe the experience I had there. Let's start from the beginning shall we? The carnaval in Cadiz is a festival that is like halloween on sterroids. Everybody dresses up in crazy costumes and drinks in the streets. Awesome right? There are performers, shops, and tons of people everywhere! When we first got there, we went to the beach, which was absolutely beautiful! We sat and drank on the beach and took a lot of pictures for a couple of hours and then headed to town. We wondered around the town, got something to eat, and enjoyed the music. It was SO much fun! We made some new Spanish friends, Kristin finally got a balloon (Rafael) and everybody had a great time. Then, disaster hit. At about 1 am, it started to rain. Actually, let me refrase that, it started to MONSOON! On top of that, all of the activity and the bars were starting to shut down because of the rain. Well, we took a bus that was coming to pick us up at 6 am; which in theory, was a great idea. Being stuck in the middle of a monsoon on Cadiz with nowhere inside to go was not what I had planned. We wandered around lost for a little while and then found our way to an underground parking garage. Most of the time, being in a cold, parking garage with a blackout guy laying in his own puke next to me isn't my cup of tea, but it was dry. After we were shooed out by the police, we found a little doorway. It was the only salvation from the rain. I watched as the street in front of me turned into a lagoon as I lost all feeling in my feet. After 4 hours of standing in the rain, I never thought I would be so happy to hear somebody yell CUATRO!!! Our bus was finally there! the ride home was uncomfortable and long, but it made me appreciate the squeaky, twin sized bed I have at my senora's house. Cadiz: you can take my money, my sanity, and my ability to hold a healthy body temp, but you can't take my EYELASHES! bahaha Those puppys were the only healthy survivors. All in all, it was a good time with a fatal end.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario