viernes, 19 de marzo de 2010

Sevilla and Cordoba


As soon as I got home from Amsterdam, I had a couple days to rest, and then it was off to Sevilla! We arrived in Sevilla on friday night and SURPRISE; it was raining. The next day, we woke up and were immediately on a walking tour of the city. It was STILL raining! There were about 80 of us being herded around the city of Sevilla with one tour guide who I couldn't even hear. We made it about 5 minutes into the tour when a few of the girls and I decided that we had a better way to spend the day haha. We went back to the hotel and dried off and then made our way shopping. We had a fabulous afternoon touring the city on our own and spending our money along the way hahaha. I did make it to the Cathedral tour later on that day when the sun came out, so don't be completely disappointed in me. The Cathedral in Sevilla is GORGEOUS! It is the third largest Cathedral in the world behind the one in Rome and the one in London. There is such amazing detain inside the Cathedral including beautiful stained glass windows. Also, we got see where the remains of Christopher Columbus are. That was pretty cool! We traveled to the top of the tower (which was quite the hike) and looked over the entire city. Sevilla was such a beautiful city, but I think I would have definitely preferred to go when there was no rain. The next day, we went to Cordoba and saw the Mosque (where I got to test some of my skills acquired in history of art class) and walked around the city. The city of Cordoba is basically all cobblestone streets and quaint little shops. A great place to go and relax. On our way back to Granada, we stopped at an olive oil factory. It was really interesting! Best of all, we got to taste test the product haha. I definitely bought a bottle of the good stuff to send home to the father. Also, they gave us these awesome hats after our visit! I feel it was the icing on the cake to a great trip.I really enjoyed seeing Sevilla and Cordoba, but going there, really helped me see that my heart still belongs in Granada!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario