domingo, 21 de marzo de 2010

Tapas and Gypsy caves.


After all of my traveling, I have finally gotten to spend a couple straight weeks in Granada and it has been so amazing! I FINALLY got to experience what the city has to offer. My favorite thing in the entire world is now tapas. Tapas are food that come with drinks you order at a bar. They can range from just a few peanuts to an entire hamburger. In every other city in Spain, you have to pay for tapas, but in Granada, they are GRATIS (free)! You can go out and spend less than 5 euro on a couple glasses of wine and eat an entire meal with it for free (if you know the right places to go to). I have found quite a few of my favorite places lately. Also, we have been going to our favorite tea shop for tea and cachimba (hookah). There is a little tea shop up the street I like to call moroccan ally where there are a lot of morroccan shops and tea shops. We go so much that we are pretty much friends with the guy that owns it ha! Every week my friends and I go there fore tea and cachimba and just hang out. One of my favorite things to do (especially when it's raining) Oh, speaking of rain....there is finally SUN!! It has been so sunny and nice lately and I LOVE it! The city is so much more lively when the sun is out. There are so many people on the streets just hanging out, shopping, etc. I can spend a whole afternoon reading by the fountain and people watching(my fav thing in the world to do). I have also explored the city a lot more these past couple of weeks. We went on a hike behind the Albycin. We went up into the hills for an entire day and saw beautiful views of the city. The best part of the hike are the gypsy caves. The gypsies actually live up behind the Albycin in caves! It's like a mini neighborhood that they made themselves. Some of them even have couches outside like patios and stuff. We have also had time to just go out in the city and check out all of the local bars. I am sort of sick of going to discotecas anymore, though. I feel like they are just full of dirty guys trying to rub up on you. Not my cup of tea. I have had such a great time just going to bars and hanging out in chill places with my friends. I have pretty much completely fallen in love with Granada since I have gotten to spend more time here!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario