viernes, 30 de abril de 2010

Corrido de Toros...BULL FIGHT!!


I was SO excited to hear that there was going to be a bullfight in Granada! I have been learning a lot about it since I have been here. It is actually pretty controversial out here. I mean, they do kill 6 bulls in about 4 hours, so I understand why some people would be opposed. There were some protestors outside the plaza de toros when we got there, but nothing too exciting. Anyways, I loved it. I see it more as a cultural tradition, and they use the bulls for meat anyways so where's the harm? Yea, I know, I have no soul. Or as my father would say, I'm "just looking at them like giant burger" lol Thank you, dad. I feel like the bull fights here are like baseball games back home. People bring in snacks and beer and just hang out. The whole atmosphere there was exciting. It was really cool to see how the matadors acted with the bulls. It was almost as if they were dancing with them rather than "fighting" them. The matador could stand right in front of the bull and hold its horns and the bull would not charge because he was mesmerized by the red. Dumb bulls. All they would have to do is charge at just the right moment and they are the winners, but they never do. One of the best parts of the bull fight was after the matador killed the bull. After the round is over, everybody in the stadium cheers and waves white fabric/flags if they liked what they saw. It is then the president's choice on how good the matador did. If he did well, he gets the ear of the bull. If he did very well, he gets both ears, and if he did fantastic, he gets both ears and the tail. I heard that it is very rare for someone to get the tail, but I got so see somebody get it! It is so cool how passionate the people are about the sport. They throw flowers, hats, or any random thing at the matadors when they are done with their round if they like them. The bull fight was a lot of fun for me and definitely a once in a life time experience that I will never forget!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario