viernes, 30 de abril de 2010

Las lobas de las Alpujarras


Just about 3 days after I got back from spring break, we left for the Alpujarras Mountains with ISA. It was our final ISA trip, and my favorite by far. The day before, a few of the girls and I came up with a completely ridiculous idea to dress up like indian warriors for the hike. So, we met early the next morning, bought some spears at the nearest euro tent, and painted our faces with war paint. It was pretty cool in our eyes, but probably completely ridiculous to everybody else hahaha. (kind of the point) We decided to call ourselves las lobas (she wolves). Everyone had a tribal name and a matching wristband. And yes, we are all over 20 years old, but who doesn't want to be in 6th grade forever? I felt it was very appropriate for the task at hand. During the hike, we would capture people and paint their faces (red=death; blue=joined our tribe). It was just what we needed to spice up the 80 person sheep herd through the mountains they tried to call a hike. We had a great time, and a lot of people actually played along. The Alpujarras were beautiful! It was the first time I had been up to the mountains since I have been here. The closest I had gotten was behind the Albyzin. I wish that I had time to go back there and hike on my own. I had a great time on this trip! At the end our our two days of hiking, we stopped in at one of the little mountain towns. It was so cute and had tones of really cool shops. The weather was really nice while we were hiking too. (not raining for once) Not to mention, the buffet feast that ISA treated us to after the first long hike!! I think that this was the perfect trip to end with ISA.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario