viernes, 30 de abril de 2010

Paris!!


So...I have officially decided that volcanoes are the most selfish landforms on earth. They just try to make everything about them and take everything good from everybody else. All of the skys in northern europe were closed for over a week because of a stupid volcano in Iceland. Iceland? Really? I had tons of friends that missed out on their trips that they had planned to Munich, Amsterdam, London, etc. because of the volcano and even some stuck in places like Italy and Paris with no way back to Granada. Or trip to Paris was the following weekend and we were pretty nervous that we weren't going to get to go, BUT they opened up all of the flights on the day we were flying out of Madrid! Wooooo! We were so luck to get to go! I absolutely loved every minute of the city. We walked out of the metro stop by our hostel and right in front of us was the Moulin Rouge! It was the perfect way to welcome us to the city. On our first day there, Molly and I just walked around the city by the river and went to Luxembourg gardens. It was a nice relaxing day after our full night of travels. The only bad part about walking the city was that it is SO big!! The maps are deceivingly condensed. It was a lot more efficient for us to take the metro the rest of the time. By the end of the trip, we were all sick of running around the metro stations. On the next day, we woke up and took a boat tour down the river. We got to see a lot of the main sights off of the river, which was really cool. We then were off to see the Arc de Triomphe. The round-a-bout that people drive around that thing is crazy!! The best part was seeing the tourists who couldn't find the underground walkway to the arc try to frogger their way over to it hahahaha After seeing the arc, we met up with our friend Jerry and headed to the catacombes. They were amazing! It was kind of creepy, but a really cool thing to see. There were just thousands of bones and skulls stacked up on the walls. Nuts! That night, we did a nighttime bike tour of the city. This was probably the best thing that we did while we were there. We got to ride bikes, eat ice cream, see all of the sights at night, go for a boat ride, and drink free wine. What more could you want out of an evening in Paris? I think that I loved the city at night the most. It was so gorgeous, especially when the Eiffel Tower sparkled with lights every hour. The next day, we headed off to the Louvre to go hang out with Mona. Mona was a little bit anti-climactic. It was really cool to get to see, but it definitely was not what I thought it was going to be. We wandered around the Louvre for a couple hours/got lost looking for the egyptian exhibit and saw tons of amazing art. After the Louvre, we went inside the Notre Dame. I think that the Notre Dame is my favorite building in all of Paris! I don't know why, but I think it is so beautiful and different than anything else I have seen. I liked the inside the best because it had tons of stained glass. SO beautiful! The next time I go to Paris, I want to go to the top of the tower. We didn't get a chance to do that this time. That afternoon, it was time to climb up the Eiffel Tower! It took a while to get up to the top, but the view was so pretty!! I couldn't take enough pictures of that dang thing! ha For dinner every night in Paris, we just decided to buy loaves of bread, cheese, sausage, and wine. It was the cheapest and most delicious meal of all of my trips! I feel like a trip to Paris wouldn't have been complete without wine and cheese right? I think that Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in the entire world. I got to see so much stuff while there, but I also feel like there is still so much for me to see. I am definitely looking forward to going back there one day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario